Heartsaver® is the Canadian standard in CPR and AED training. This straightforward, yet comprehensive, course provides you with the skills and confidence to respond to a cardiac arrest at home, in public or at work.
Cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any age, at any time. It is a life-threatening emergency, but by using skills you will learn through the Heartsaver® CPR AED course, you can double or even triple the person’s chance of survival.
This course is for people with limited or no medical training. Upon successful completion, you will receive a course completion card in CPR and AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
Does your workplace or employer require formal evidence of the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired?
- The Heartsaver® CPR AED (C) course includes a mandatory written exam in addition to skills testing. This course covers it all: Adult CPR AED, Child CPR AED and Infant CPR along with a written exam.
Course Overview and Design:
The Heartsaver® CPR AED course focuses on what you need to know to perform high-quality CPR and use an AED effectively. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies. Course contents and outcomes include:
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- How to perform CPR with the help of others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask, for all age groups
- How to use an AED on an adult
- When and how to help a choking adult
+ Child Module
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- How to use an AED on a child
- When and how to help a choking child
+ Infant Module
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- When and how to help a choking infant